Senior Equipment Operator - Solid Waste Division - Posted 02/10/17
TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
The SENIOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR is responsible for the operation of trucks and heavy equipment including tub grinder, loaders, and roll-off in the operation of the solid waste division. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of operating and servicing heavy trucks and related equipment; thorough knowledge of the traffic laws and regulations governing equipment operation; general knowledge of the occupational hazards involved and the safety precautions necessary to the proper operation of varied construction and maintenance equipment. Willing to work as necessary on snow removal team required. Class B CDL required within 6 months of accepting position. Starting pay rate is $14.89 depending on experience or qualifications.
The successful applicant will be required to take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical exam and drug screening, paid for by the Town and background check conducted by the Virginia State Police.
First review of applications will be Monday, February 27, 2017. Position is open until filled.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
1) Please tell me about your experience with heavy machinery? What types of Equipment have you operated?
2) Have you operated a Tub Grinder?
3) Describe your attendance at your current job over the last year.
4) Do you have a CDL?
5) Why do you want to work for the Town of Front Royal?
6) Do you have snow removal experience? Are you willing to learn and work necessary hours?