Solid Waste Worker
TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
A vacancy exists for a Full-Time Solid Waste Worker in our Solid Waste Division. The essential functions of this position are to assist in the collection of solid waste, recyclable materials, and yard waste. Work is performed in various weather conditions on scheduled routes. The ability to lift 100 lbs. occasionally, 50 lbs. frequently, and 35 lbs. constantly is a job requirement. Must have a current Commonwealth of Virginia Driver’s License. Class B CDL’s are required within 6 months of employment. Beginning rate is $11.08 hour. First review of applications will be Monday February 27, 2017. Position is open until filled.
The successful applicant will be required to take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical exam and drug screening, paid for by the Town and background check conducted by the Virginia State Police.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
Please answer the following questions?
1. What is your experience working in solid waste or working around heavy equipment?
2. Do you have a valid Driver's License? Do you have a CDL? What class? Any endorsements?
3. Describe your last 2 years work experience.
4. Describe your attendance at your current work place.
5. Why do you want to work for The Town of Front Royal's Solid Waste