TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
The Town of Front Royal is seeking a qualified candidate for full-time Financial Analyst position in our Department of Finance. The Financial Analyst will work under the administrative direction of the Manager of Finance. Position will assist with the preparation of the Towns utility and tax billing, collection of utility, tax, licensing, and other revenue from citizens, customers, and businesses. The Financial Analyst will assist coordination of establishing utility accounts and the actions necessary for collection of payment, oversee the actions necessary for collection of payment for taxes, address customer issues, preparation of necessary financial reports, processing of payable vouchers, oversee the Debt Set-Off Program, and other Town related fiscal services. Responsible for assisting with maintenance of financial records including a wide and varied scope of municipal government finance records in addition to citizen/customer service. Specific knowledge with fixed assets, capital improvement programs, accounts receivable and employee training required. Additional responsibilities include bank deposits, inventory maintenance, budgeting and special research projects and reports.
Applicants must have general knowledge of modern office procedures, operations, and equipment in addition to a general knowledge of governmental accounting principles, methods, and practices. Thorough and proven experience in business software and the ability to prepare, analyze and evaluate financial systems.
Position requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university.
Successful applicant must pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical examination and drug screening, paid for by the Town and a Criminal Reference Check.
Annual salary starting at $21.02 hourly/exempt depending on experience and qualifications. Equivalent education, training, and experience to an Associate's Degree in business or finance. Two (2) years of progressively responsible municipal finance work. Possession of appropriate driver's license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
First review of applications will be Monday, February 27, 2017. Position is open until filled.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
- Could you please tell us why are you applying for the Financial Analyst Position?
- What experience do you have working with accounting and/or governmental accounting; please include any experience involving personal property taxes, real estate taxes, utility billing, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, and/or governmental procurement?
- Describe the course of actions you would take for demanding customers if you were in a leader role vs being the first level of customer support.
- Please describe your work ethic & how you handle multi-tasking.
- What do you feel sets you apart from other candidates and why should you be hired for the Financial Analyst position?