The Town collects yard waste approximately end of March through mid-January, every Wednesday except any week that the Town offices are closed due to a holiday. Please note the following rules and regulations for collection:
Please have Yard Waste set out at the curb prior to 7:00 a.m. on Wednesdays
- Place all grass clippings, weeds, and leaves in reusable containers (such as Rubbermaid type bins or cardboard boxes), biodegradable bags. ALL BAGS ARE TO BE UNTIED. Do not use Town roll-out carts.
- Do not mix trash, dirt, rocks, or other debris with yard waste.
- Root balls, stumps, and firewood logs will not be collected.
- Bushes and hedges pulled out by their roots will not be collected.
- Brush must be bundled with rope or heavy twine, cut shorter than 5 ft in length, and weighs less than 50 lbs.
- The chipper will only take limbs longer than 5 ft in length and up to 8 inches in diameter. The limbs should be stacked and facing the same direction with the cut ends facing the road.
- The chipper cannot take vines, weeping willow branches, or bamboo.
- To schedule the chipper, a call must be placed to Public Works at 540-635-7819.
- The Town does not collect contractor work. All contractors must purchase a dump ticket at the Finance Office located at 15 102 E Main St to dispose of the items at the Manassas Ave extended site.
The Town will refuse this collection service to any citizen who mixes it with other waste.
Department of Public Works (540) 635-7819, Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm