Refuse & Recycling Collection
Town residents will establish their refuse and recycling service when they establish a utility account at the Town's Business Office located at 102 E. Main Street. Town residents receive refuse and recycling collection once a week and on the same day.
- Containers are to be placed at the curb before 6:30 am or after 7:00pm the night before collection day.
- All containers need to be removed from the road/curbside the evening of collection or additional fines can be charged.
Roll-out cart(s) are assigned to your residence and used for refuse collection. Should you move into a residence that does not have a roll-out cart please contact Public Works at 540-635-7819.
Recycling bins can be any Rubbermaid-like container, cardboard box, or the like. Do not use Town roll-out carts for recyclable items. Recyclable items can be put in one container; do not need to separate by like items.
How to Prepare Recycling:
- Rinse items thoroughly, leaving no food or sticky residue
- All labels are to be removed
- Flatten cardboard boxes and remove all tape
- Cardboard and paper must be kept dry
- The Town no longer recycles glass. Please see Recycle Flyer for acceptable items.
If your refuse and recycling collection falls on an observed holiday, your collection will generally be moved to Wednesday of the same week and there will be no collection of yard waste when there is a holiday observed.
Please see the Holiday Refuse Schedule or contact Public Works at 540-635-7819.
The Town offers free mulch to Town and Warren County residents daily from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., closed Wednesday and Sunday. The site is located on Manassas Avenue Extended. Residents must load the mulch themselves, therefore, a shovel or the like is needed. All loads must be covered before leaving.